HP officejet pro 6978 Printer Setup
123 HP ojpro 6978 PRINTER SETUP AND INSTALLATION
Unpack the printing machine from its packaging and keep the power cables ready to connect to it. Place the cords firmly into the wall sockets so that no loose connections or power problems exist with the devices. When the cords are connected, press the Home button in the left corner of the printer.
How to configure the HP ojpro 6978 printer?
- When you first switch on the printer, it may make a little noise.
- Use the arrows next to the printer control panel to select the language, country and region when you view the home screen. Press the OK button now.
- The printer screen is inserted when the ink cartridges are inserted.
- Lift the cover of the ink cartridge using the cutouts on the sides of the printer.
- Look at the label on the back of the cartridge and initially install the tri-color cartridge. Remove the protective band covering the ink nozzle and electric contacts. (NOTE: The color on the locking levers should match the color shown on cartridges.)
- Slide the cartridges into each slot and push it to its place.
- Use the same process for also installing the black cartridge.
- Once the original HP cartridges have been finished, a message box appears on the Control Panel. Click OK Load the paper stack on the input tray.
- The printer now prints a page of alignment. After printing, scan the alignment page by placing the pace print side down on the scanner glass.
- Once the alignment page is scanned, the message box reads’ Successful Alignment’ appears in the control panel of the printer. To continue, press Ok button.
- Users are now permitted to wirelessly or Ethernet or USB connect their printer to a network.
Once the basic set-up is finished, install the printer software on 123.hp.com or insert the printer’s CD. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the printer. The driver software is downloaded from the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 link or 123.hp.com/setup 6978 web site.
123 HP officejet pro 6978 SETUP SUPPORT PRINTER
- We talked about printing via the AirPrint software earlier. Users can print photos, documents, emails or any iPhone Web pages with any integrated iOS device software solution.
- Before starting the print job, make sure you turn on a wireless icon and connect your 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 to a wireless network.
- Open your iPhone with Wi-Fi settings and check that you are connected to the same wireless network connection as the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- It should be noted that AirPrint can not support wireless public networks such as cellular data (3 G or 4 G), Bluetooth and hotspots.
- Go to the app store and download a compatible iPhone printing app. Well, the app. Click the share button of the app and search for the printed icon.
- Come and open the document, photo, email, or web page you want to print and then select the Share icon. (You click Menu otherwise and press Print option.) After selecting the file, tap Print option.
- You will have to select a printer from the Printer Options menu. Choose the printer to use.
- Change all settings of the print, specify the number of copies to be printed and tap Print option for print work.
When the printer completes the printing process, documents or photographs can be viewed by double-clicking on the iPhone’s Home button. Go to the Print Center and select the document recently printed.
How can I cancel print work?
If you want to stop the printing process, you can use your iPhone in a jiffy.
- Press your iPhone’s Home button twice.
- The applications that are open and working are shown on the screen.
- Now select the Print Center and tap it.
Once the Print Center app starts, tap Cancel Printing to stop the print work.
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6978 WIRELESS INSTALLATION
- Users can print wirelessly from their smart phone, tablet, computer or other wireless devices via HP Wireless Direct –even without having to connect to the existing wireless network.
- With the Wireless Setup Wizard you can manage the wireless connection with your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- Click on the Wireless icon on the control panel of the printer.
- Click the button next to the print configuration. By scrolling the Wireless Setup Wizard, click OK. Now the wizard looks for the list of networks available.
- See if your network name is available. If not, users can manually enter the network.
- Enter New Network Name by scrolling to then clicking OK.
- Enter the name and click OK. Use the WEP or WPA key when requested.
- To confirm, click OK. The printer is now trying to connect to the network.
123 HP officejet pro 6978 WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP
- Wireless network 802.11/b / g / n that includes WPS access point and router enabled.
- Wireless network connection or NIC (Network Interface Card) computer or laptop.
- The wireless network in which the printer is connected should be connected to your computer or laptop.
PUSH BUTTON METHOD (PBS)
- To start the WPS button, press and hold the wireless button on the print for a few seconds.
- The wireless light now begins to blink. Now you can click on the WPS button on your router.
- It takes a few minutes for the printer to establish the wireless connection.
- Press the Wireless button on the control panel to view the men.
- If you see the printer in error or perform an assignment, wait till the printer completes the assignment and press the Wireless button.
- From the display screen of the printer control panel, select Settings.
- Now, tap Wi-Fi Protected Setup from the list of available options.
- If the Wireless Router is pushed, then push the push button to follow the instructions.
- If not, select the PIN and follow the on-screen prompts.
How to connect a new HP ojpro 6978 printer:
- Perform one of the following based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Folder with printer name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer folder – – > Printer name.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- Select Connect a new printer from the options list and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
How to change network settings on 123.HP.com/ojpro6978 printer?
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s home screen.
- Select Advanced Settings and then Advanced settings.
- Make the changes in the Advanced Settings menu.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless network in HP officejet pro 6978 printer?
- Perform one of the following based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start ––> app bar ––> All Apps ––> Folder with printer name.
- Windows 7, Vista Windows and XP Windows: Start––> All Programes–> HP–> Printer Folder–> Printer Name.
- Select Setup & Software Printer.
- Tap Convert a USB connected wireless printer.
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6978 MOBILE PRINTING SOLUTIONS
Mobile printing makes it easy for you to work. It is possible to print and print any document or photographic store on your device with your 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6978.
NOTE: Your mobile device and printer should be connected to the same computer network.
PRINT FROM A WIRELESS-CAPABLE COMPUTER USING AN HP officejet pro 6978 PRINTER
Without connection to the wireless network, you can print directly on your HP Officejet Pro printer wirelessly using HP wireless.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (Windows) by using an 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer?
Make sure the HP Wireless Direct option is enabled.
The Wi-Fi connection now needs to be enabled on your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
Connect to a new network from your computer, as you usually do.
Select the wireless network to which you would connect. (NOTE: Choose your printer’s name which is to be listed in Hp-Print0**-OJPROXXXX.)
If prompted, enter a network security code.
If the network is used by your printer via a USB connection, do the following.
- Based on the operating system you use, do the following,
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Printer Name – – > Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer Folder.
- Choose Printer Setup & Software and then tap Connect a new printer.
- Select the Wireless option in the Connection Options dialog box. From the displayed list, select the HP printer software.
- Follow the on – screen instructions to finish the process.
- Print the document that you need to.
SOLVING PRINT PROBLEMS IN 123 HP officejet pro 6978 PRINTER
When the HP officejet pro 6978 printer is not printing (nothing prints)
- If printer jobs are stuck in the queue, all documents in the queue are cancelled and the computer restarted.
- Try to print a page after the boot process has been completed.
- If your printer turns off when you print, an alert message should be displayed on your computer screen.
- If it doesn’t, the HP software you installed will have a problem. Deinstall and reinstall the software to prevent further problems. Checking that all cable connections are secure and tight is always essential. If there is a loose connection, replace it with a new cable.
- If the blue light of the wireless icon does not blink, you must check the wireless connection of your printer. Try to print a Wireless Test Report to diagnose and resolve your printer problems.
- Check if the installed firewall software on your computer impedes communication between your computer and your printer. In this case, temporarily deactivate the firewall and continue printing. Turn on the firewall once the pages are printed.
- If your printer HP officejet pro 6978 still does not respond after the above steps, try restarting the computer and the printer.
When something is missing or incorrect on the page
- Check the cable length and the location of the printer.
- the high electromagnetic fields generated by the USB can lead to small distortions and damage the printer quality.
- In this case, remove the HP printer from the electromagnetic field.
- You are advised to use a cable less than 3 meters long to reduce the electromagnetic field effects.